It's here: your wedding. While some brides opt for costly country clubs and golf courses, more and more brides are opting for chic barn weddings with a rustic feel. Whether you look for a modern barn with classic vibes, or pure rustic vintage, you're sure to find the right spot in Minnesota.
13 Best Barn Wedding Venues in MN
Minnesota has a variety of destinations ranging from vintage to classy, small to grand, and everything in between. Here are some of the locations in Minnesota to have your wedding day set up just the way you want it to be. Minnesota offers some of the best landscapes and sunsets - mostly due to the northern air and sprawling land. If you choose a barn wedding in Minnesota, you will likely not be left disappointed. Plus, most locations are close to the city so you can cater to your city dwellers.
These MN barn wedding venues are sure to leave you inspired to book your wedding and start planning!
What defines the best barn wedding venue?
Barn weddings are oftentimes the best picturesque locations that make for an amazing evening.
- Picturesque moments
- Best space for guests
- Price and affordability
- True rustic and barn wedding atmosphere
For the event space consider:
- Style: are you looking for DIY rustic or modern vintage?
- Bathrooms: provided by the venue or will you need to hire a portable solution?
- Vendors: what caterers can you bring? Will they flip from cocktail hour to dinner or one set up?
- Rain plan: what is the indoor/outdoor setup? Also consider heating and air conditioning based on time of year.
Enough of the checklists, see our top venues in Minnesota.
Our List of the Top 13 Best Barn Wedding Venues in Minnesota
- Stonewall Farms- Located in Willmar, this location has a classic look of wooden pavements while giving a beautiful view of the lakes as a backdrop. This woodland is basically an 80-acre horse breeding farm, with a vivid look of everything that can be celebrated in the Midwestern style. Romantic pictures are sure to ensue!
- Barn at Five Lakes Resort- located in Frazee, Minnesota, this resort is surrounded by woods and rolling fields. The entire white barn is made of timber with large windows and clean, rustic feel. This place is extremely cosy to spend an entire week of your event lounging with your quests and loved ones.
- Mill City Museum- Not like the other barn locations, Mill City Museum is located in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The event space has a rustic,, loft vibe on the inside and is filled with 100+ year history. Soaring ceilings, old raw bricks and aged walls make the feel of being in a modern with all the modern city touches.
- The NP Event Space- this warehouse located in Brainerd, Minnesota is perfect for those looking for both history, architecture, simplicity and also the backdrop of a Solange music video. The perfect solution if one person wants a barn wedding while the other envisions a loft feel. Surrounded by woodlands and expansive spaces plus history and texture, this place has a different set of warmth for its visitors all. This venue is a raw warehouse with tables and excellent dining corner for a small chic gala event.
- Bloom Lake Barn- Being one of the most exotic locations of Minnesota this place is located in the Croix Valley of Shafer. Amidst nature and within beautiful lawns all lush green, this truly rustic venue is sure to delight your guests, and photographer. To decorate your wedding day with the best supplies for decoration match it along with the theme you have chosen. Perfect for nature lovers who love lofty ceilings and wooden flooring.
- Maywood Stone Barn- this place offers a total guest capacity of about 300 people in total. To add in the personal touch, decorate your backdrops with some personalized handwritten goodies before you exchange vows. The place adds in elegance with its tall ceilings and old stone carvings. This place brings another vibe to your rustic wedding. From high hay wood, and greenery, the vows can be taken under the famous old oak tree or cosy indoor setup.
- Rubies and Rust- looking for both a shabby yet classy wedding venue? Look no more for here this place is your answer to all the mix and matches you have had in your head. Vintage chandeliers, tall windows and high ceilings give a touch of chic within the rustic looks of it. You can have your own choice from the mismatched furniture to exchanging vows indoors or outdoors. The location offers local cuisines thus you can enjoy your favorites along with your preferences.
- Green Acres- enjoy the most important day of your life covered in greenery. As the name already suggests, the place is going to soothe the green quenching soul within you, to look at the love of your life with all your love.Topped with a giant chandelier, this venue mixes rustic with classic in a way no one else does.
- Coop’s Event Barn- are you looking for the classic red barn? This is it. This venue is two stories and includes grain stacks. Perfect for any couple who wants a traditional barn wedding with classic midwestern pictures.
- Outing Lodge- just realized that you do not want to get hitched in a barn but still want a rustic feel? Don't worry, this venue has it all. from outdoor ceremonies under the trees to classic dinners inside the lodge. Have a rustic outdoor wedding followed by a classic dinner reception, all with a cabin feel in historic Stillwater, Minnesota.
- The Paikka- this beautiful modern industrial brick warehouse is something that can offer you a dainty location for getting married. The place needs a few pieces of greenery and some barnwood decorations to give the barn feel in the middle of the city. It's also right next to Lake Monster brewing so cocktail hour is handled!
- Camrose Hills- a secret garden wedding is what most of us dream of and that is precisely what this place offers. Formerly a dairy farm land now developed into a nursery for beautiful flower beds and also a destination for an outdoor wedding in general for the nature lover in both of you! Forget paying extra for flowers, this place has you covered.
- Rolling Ridge Wedding and Event Centre- if classic is your style then you are at the right location, for this place is the masterpiece for a rustic wedding destination. With a few touches of modern amenities, this place is the one you are looking forward to if you happen to love nature and dream of exchanging vows underneath the old oak trees and other creaking babbling trees.
Experts agree, these are the top 13 best barn wedding venues in Minnesota to get hitched alongside your loved ones. These places are absolutely stunning venues to capture moments that are going to be cherished forever.
Best Barn Wedding Decorations and Supply to Use
To make a barn wedding perfect, you also need the proper decoration and style to suit the wedding. Here are some of our favorite barn wedding decorations to pair with these Minnesota wedding venues.
3. Check out our entire rustic section to pair with the perfect barn wedding
What barn wedding in MN are you going to book?